Best Construction Companies to Work For
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean for a company to be accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
For a business to receive accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), it must meet their accreditation standards which are derived from a Code of Business Practices. The code is based upon eight principles that summarize critical elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. BBB accreditation does not include an endorsement of the business’ products or services, or any claims about the quality or competency of the business. Accredited businesses pay a fee for the consideration process, ongoing monitoring for compliance and for support of BBB services to the public, but there is no obligation by a business to pursue accreditation.
What does a BBB rating mean?
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates companies based upon their opinion of how a business will interact with its customers. The rating is derived from information obtained from public data sources and the business itself. The ratings range from A+ (highest) to F (lowest), but in some cases the BBB will not give out a rating (NR) for reasons such as insufficient information or an ongoing review. Ratings have no credence towards a company’s reliability or performance, and the BBB suggests that consumers consider the BBB rating along with other information before choosing to engage in business.
What are the wages and employment trends of construction laborers?
According to O*Net, construction laborers have a faster than average projected growth rate at 10% to 14%. Between 2016 and 2026 there are a projected 145,300 job openings. As of 2017, construction laborers have a reported median annual salary of $34,530. Construction managers have a much higher median annual salary at $91,370.
What kind of skills are required to be a successful construction manager?
A few of the most valuable traits for a construction manager are strong communication and organization skills, problem sensitivity, and a team-player attitude. Managers must be familiar with the skills and abilities of their team, and be able to convey clear and concise instruction to ensure not only maximum efficiency of work, but also the safety of their workers. Problem sensitivity is also important, and does not only refer to the ability to solve problems, but also refers to the ability to sense that there is a problem that need to be resolved.
- Glassdoor.com. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm.
- Better Business Bureau. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.bbb.org/en/us.
- Linkedin. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.linkedin.com/.
- Bureau of Labor & Statistics. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes413041.htm.
- Construction Laborers. O*Net. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/47-2061.00.
- Construction Managers. O*Net. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9021.00.
- DigitalGrads. Accessed October 26th, 2018. https://www.digitalgrads.com/marketing-job-titles/.